Friday, June 28, 2013

Trunk in the Attic



Trunk in the Attic
Hand-colored BW photo
7.5 x 9.5" 

Give me an attic, especially an old attic, and I will surely find something that sparks my interest. Even as a kid I loved digging to discover 'treasure.' I want to know the who, how, when, where, and why about the object and unfortunately the story is usually long forgotten. Its an archeological desire to identify a time in history and the human condition, and how the art describes all of it.

The trunk was empty (I checked) of items but it did have its original tray, papered just like the interior walls. The exterior was almost clean of damage although the metal was scraped and dented. The lock was broken as if someone retrieved their belongings without a key. 

What does this description tell us about the owner?

No comments: