Friday, November 8, 2013

Woman Wearing Curlers

About a week ago when I left the post office after mailing a package to my daughter and buying some stamps, I saw my next work of art sitting in a truck holding her cigarette out the window and wearing a head full of curlers. I was tempted to ask her if I could take her picture but I wasn't that brave. She looked like she might not like the idea although I have no idea (some would say that about me on certain mornings!). I started on this collage as soon as I got back home and in the studio so I wouldn't lose the vision. 


Lady in Curlers
Collage, ink on paper
12 x 18"
I can always depend on ideas to eventually manifest in one form or another. As a younger artist I wasted a lot of time worrying about whether ideas would come or not. 


No comments: